Temple Govind Dev Ji is situated in Jaipur in Rajasthan state of India. It is located in the City Palace complex. The temple is dedicated to Govind Dev Ji (Lord Krishna). The image of the deity (murti) was brought from Vrindavan here by Raja Sawai Jai Singh II, the founder of Jaipur. According to popular legend, Lord Krishna's image in the temple looks exactly like Krishna's form during his incarnation on Earth.
In 1669 Muslims destroyed many Vrindavana temples, including much of the Govindaji temple. Radha - Govindaji escaped by secretly moving to Radha-kunda, then to Kamya-vana, and finally to Govindapura, near Jaipur. In 1772 the king of Jaipur placed Radha-Govinda in the garden temple behind the City Palace. Every day thousands of devotees from Jaipur and other places come to see Radha- Govinda and the Gaura-Govinda Deity of Kashishvara Pandita. The pujaris follow strict rules and regulations in worshiping Radha-Govindaji with sincerity and love. The temple is in a garden of the palace complex, and when the temple doors were opened, Maharaja Jai Singh in the past could see his beloved Deity from the royal quarters. On the altar are full-sized Deities of Govindaji, a beautiful black marble Deity, and Radha Rani.