dakhine nitaicand, bame gadadhara
nikate adwaita, srinivasa chatra-dhara
bosiyache goracand ratna-simhasane
arati koren brahma-adi deva-gane
narahari-adi kori' camara dhulaya
sankha baje ghanta baje baje karatala
madhura mridanga baje parama rasala
(Second Refrain) sankha baje ghanta baje madhur madhur madhur baje
bahu-koti candra jini' vadana ujjvala
gala-dese bana-mala kore jhalamala
siva-suka-narada preme gada-gada
bhakativinoda dekhe gorara sampada
(1) All glories, all glories to the beautiful arati ceremony of Lord Caitanya. This Gaura-arati is taking place in a grove on the banks of the Jahnavi [Ganges] and is attracting the minds of all living entities in the universe.
(2) On Lord Caitanya's right side is Lord Nityananda, and on His left is Sri Gadadhara. Nearby stands Sri Advaita, and Srivasa Thakura is holding an umbrella over Lord Caitanya's head.
(3) Lord Caitanya has sat down on a jeweled throne, and the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma, perform the arati ceremony.
(4) Narahari Sarakara and other associates of Lord Caitanya fan Him with camaras, and devotees headed by Sanjaya Pandita, Mukunda Datta, and Vasu Ghosha sing sweet kirtana.
(5) Conchshells, bells, and karatalas resound, and the mridangas play very sweetly. This kirtana music is supremely sweet and relishable to hear.
(6) The brilliance of Lord Caitanya's face conquers millions upon millions of moons, and the garland of forest flowers around His neck shines.
(7) Lord Siva, Sukadeva Gosvami, and Narada Muni are all there, and their voices are choked with the ecstasy of transcendental love. Thus Thakura Bhaktivinoda envisions the glory of Lord Sri Caitanya.
Recording by Nama Nishtha Das