TAVA KATHAMRTA TAPTA JIVANAM
From: Srimad Bhagavatam by Srila Vyasadeva.
tava kathāmṛtaḿ tapta-jīvanaḿ
kavibhir īḍitaḿ kalmaṣāpaham
śravaṇa-mańgalaḿ śrīmad ātataḿ
bhuvi gṛṇanti ye bhūri-dā janāḥ
jayati te 'dhikaḿ janmanā vrajaḥ
śrayata indirā śaśvad atra hi
dayita dṛśyatāḿ dikṣu tāvakās
tvayi dhṛtāsavas tvāḿ vicinvate
surata-nātha te 'śulka-dāsikā
vara-da nighnato neha kiḿ vadhaḥ
vṛṣa-mayātmajād viśvato bhayād
ṛṣabha te vayaḿ rakṣitā muhuḥ
na khalu gopīkā-nandano bhavān
sakha udeyivān sātvatāḿ kule
1) The nectar of Your words and the descriptions of Your activities are the life and soul of those suffering in this material world. These narrations, transmitted by learned sages, eradicate one's sinful reactions and bestow good fortune upon whoever hears them. These narrations are broadcast all over the world and are filled with spiritual power. Certainly those who spread the message of Godhead are most munificent.
2) The gopis said: O beloved, Your birth in the land of Vraja has made it exceedingly glorious, and thus Indira, the goddess of fortune, always resides here. It is only for Your sake that we, Your devoted servants, maintain our lives. We have been searching everywhere for You, so please show Yourself to us.
3) O Lord of love, in beauty Your glance excels the whorl of the finest, most perfectly formed lotus within the autumn pond. O bestower of benedictions, You are killing the maidservants who have given themselves to You freely, without any price. Isn't this murder
4) O greatest of personalities, You have repeatedly saved us from all kinds of danger - from poisoned water, from the terrible man-eater Agha, from the great rains, from the wind demon, from the fiery thunderbolt of Indra, from the bull demon and from the son of Maya Danava.
5) You are not actually the son of the gopi Yasoda, O friend, but rather the indwelling witness in the hearts of all embodied souls. Because Lord Brahma prayed for You to come and protect the universe, You have now appeared in the Satvata dynasty.